General Manager, Development
Applications close: Tuesday 12th March 2024
Starting Salary: $160,000 – $180,000
We are seeking an experienced, well-rounded, self-motivated General Manager to take responsibility for the product development of the business. With the growth of the business there will be future opportunities to develop within the leadership team.
This role requires someone with strong leadership and organisational skills, and who is ideally familiar with leading a technical team. Demonstrated ability to deliver product development projects is essential and an understanding of cyber security would be an advantage. This is a Wellington based role and reports to the Chief Executive. Hybrid working options are available.
- Day-to-day management of the development team.
- Leading the team in new product development
- Maintaining updates of current products
- Ensure that product documentation is fit for purpose
- Ensure that the production knowledge is transferred to the Technical Service team
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Service team to ensure Liverton Security meets the needs of the customer in a timely manner
- Lead the strategic direction for product development for Liverton Security.
This role also requires the performance of other duties. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Serve as part of the Executive team, reporting to the Chief Executive
- Provide input into the strategic planning of the business.
- General office operational activities
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
Skills/knowledge required to do this role:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A strong understanding/knowledge base of software development methodologies.
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively as part of a professional team.
- Experience in developing and implementing software development strategies.
- Experience working as a software developer.
- Experience managing a team of software developers.
- Experience as a Software Development Manager/Leader.
Project Manager/Security Certification Analyst
Applications close: Thursday 7th March 2024
Starting Salary: $100,000 – $120,000
This role has two components. The first is managing projects and the second is assisting with the NZ government security certification of our products and services. As PM you will be responsible for the management of all projects. As Security Certification analyst you will work with Lead Agency, our external security auditors and internal resources to ensure that the business is compliant with its security certification obligations.
This role is ideally suited to someone with some project management experience wanting to move into the cyber security market. The role reports to the General Manager, Operations.
Project Management Job Skills
- Manage all internal and customer related projects
- Liaise with the development team on identifying new features and enhancements to our software products
- Liaise with the Sales team on identifying upcoming new installations
- Liaise with the customer and Technical Services team to arrange new installations
- Monthly reporting on project statuses
- Indirect Management of the Project Co-ordinator
Security Certification Analyst Job Skills
- Learn and understand the steps required to complete a security certification audit of our products and services
- Liaise with Lead Agency on the requirement and process for certification
- Liaise with our third-party security auditors
- Liaise with the development and technical services teams on updates require to our products and services it make them security compliant
- Attend monthly security certification meetings with Lead Agency
General Job Requirements
This role also requires the performance other duties. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the business.
- General office operational activities
- Other duties as required by the management team.
- Ability to work within a team environment. Evidence of this would be prior experience of having been part of a successful team.
- Good communication skills. Evidence of this would be successful publications, production of well written proposals/reports etc.
- A commitment to high quality services, and to high ethical standards.
- Good time management skills. Evidence of this would be the ability to complete assigned tasks on time.
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior team members in PM.